The initial idea was all part of my first concept space and time and while I really liked it, it dawned upon me that it wasn't at ALL doable since it ended up surpassing my own expectations and plot holes started to form. It's why I took a step back and then decided to revamp it to make it more 'slice of life' but focused on one of the brothers, Kevin! Below is my presentation which I showed during my Crit which explains my process from deviating from my first concept to now!
Here are some up close concepts and layouts I did for this project! You can click them to look at them closely.
And the rough synopsis I created to help sort out my idea and understand where I was going.
This was my first take at project, based loosely off the thumbs which was shown of the presentation. It evolved mainly through me building up my notes! I would keep adding to it as I worked.
However, I realised how ineffective it really is for the long run. Since while it works, it does take a lot longer since I'm working with sentences of a synopsis opposed to a script.
I was lucky enough to go through this project with a storyboard artist in the TV industry and he sat with me, providing extremely helpful feedback and insight which taught me how to work economically!
I basically went back after all the feedback I got from the storyboard artist I spoke with and made some MAJOR changes! I ended up cutting such a large chunk of work out since while it looked cool, in the context of TV, it would've been something unrealistic to produce!
While I did make changes, I kept some of the stuff I really liked and couldn't part ways with! I think this works as a good example to show that I can do really fun scenes (hopefully!)
But I'm most definitely working from scripts predominantly from now on, it really does make things a lot easier!